Our CSA is currently full.
We'll let you know if more spots open up!
To help raise capital for our farm in Hillsborough––and to share the bounty from the land––we're introducing a pilot CSA program.
CSA stands for "Community Supported Agriculture" because members pay for an entire season of produce up front, literally providing "seed money" to farms. It works like this: You sign up for 1 share (or 2 or 3) and every week we pack a box of beautiful produce for you to use at home.
Our CSA will run for 20 weeks. And some of the delicious produce you can expect includes: Lettuce, Spinach, Radish, Turnip, Broccoli, Bok Choi, Kale, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Scallions, Beets, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Green beans, Sugar snap peas, Eggplant, Okra, Peppers, Cucumbers, Corn, Herbs.
While we are not certified organic, we do practice organic methods. We use no synthetic chemicals, fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides. You'll be eating some of the cleanest, freshest produce available.
Here are some important details for you to know:
- Because this is our first CSA season, we are limiting the pilot to only 10 shares total.
- Our CSA season will be 20 weeks long, running from April 17 – August 28.
- Each share is about a week's worth of produce for 2 people.
- The cost is $20 per week, totaling $400. Payment can be made with cash or check, either in 1 lump sum by January 31 or in 2 equal payments made by December 31 and February 15.
- Pick up: Every Wednesday at 1 of 2 locations:
- Terra Sacra (4740 Orange Grove Road, Hillsborough, NC 27278). 12pm–5pm.
- COPA (107 W. Main St, Durham, NC 27701). 1pm–10pm.
- A CSA encourages you to eat with the seasons, enjoying produce at the peak of its quality. Because of the way the produce is harvested and shared, we cannot typically accommodate substitutions unless you have an allergy.
Photo credit: Bryan Cereijo