At COPA, we're always looking for talented, dedicated team members. If you're looking for an environment where "learning, creativity, and efficiency" are a daily pursuit, then we encourage you to apply to work with us. If we don't have an opening now, we will keep your application on file. We typically reach out to our applicants first before publicly listing a job opening.
Part-time positions are usually available. Weekend and evening hours may be a requirement. We pay a living wage as set by the Durham Living Wage Project.
Seeking Experienced Servers
We are currently hiring for part-time, experienced servers to join our team for Tuesday through Saturday nights. The shift is from approximately 5pm to 10pm. You must be 18 years old or older to qualify.
Seeking an Experienced Host
We are currently hiring for a part-time host to join our team for Tuesday through Saturday nights. The shift is from approximately 6pm to 9pm. You must be 18 years old or older to qualify.
In addition to experience, these qualities are expected in all team members:
- ability to provide remarkable service
- approachable and polite
- strong organization skills
- strong time management
- excellent memory
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with efficiency
- the ability to work as part of a team
- ServSafe certification (preferred but not required)
All team members at COPA will be expected to follow our 7 core values:
- Mise en place begins in the soil.
- Commitment and dependability are essential in all duties, shown especially through attendance and punctuality.
- Learning, creativity, and efficiency are a daily pursuit.
- Communication is truthful and efficient, spoken with joy, peace, patience, and gentleness.
- We take pride in all our work—whether small tasks or big. Pride of work is shown by following instructions, organizing workflow, and moving with agility and elegance.
- All guests are a gift and to be treated with gratitude.
- All team members earn a living wage.
Highlights and benefits of working with COPA include:
- A team-driven work environment that encourages research, creativity, and contributions from all members.
- Working for and growing with a restaurant located in the heart of Downtown Durham, which is consistently ranked among the top cities for quality of life and one of the most respected dining locations in the nation.
- Collaborating with a renowned farming program that creates the first direct link between a Cuban restaurant in the US and its own farm.
- 50% employee discount on all menu items.
- A living wage as set by the Durham Living Wage Project.
- Strict COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of our team and guests.
- A one-time $100 bonus for all team members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.